Skip to main content

Supermagnet



I just finished reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne for the third time.

The first time was around nine years ago. I decided to just play around with the Law of Attraction according to the basic premise of The Secret: I can attract something to myself through the power of my mind. Thoughts operate on different frequency levels and can be measured. Like a human transmission tower, my magnetic thoughts are sent out into the Universe attracting all like things on the same frequency, and then returned to me. Thoughts become things. The Law of Attraction is always working, whether I believe it or understand it or not.

The Bible also tells us, "Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (Matthew 21:22) So the Three Step Plan in both books seems to be: Ask, Believe, Receive.

I asked for a Lamborghini and 20/20 vision. I also asked for  a red horseshoe magnet as tangible evidence of the Law of Attraction. The red magnet idea came from a man, who after reading The Secret, decided to ask for a feather with particular markings on it so he would know without a doubt that if he saw this feather, it had come to him through his intentional use of the Law of Attraction. Two days later, as he was about to walk into a high-rise building on a street in New York City, he looked down and there was the exact feather he had visualized, unique markings and all.

I had ordered from the Universal Catalog, and just needed to wait for delivery. On my way to work the next morning, I heard on the radio, "Your Lamborghini is at the Auto Show at Pittsburgh's Convention Center. "OK," I thought, "the Universe is just messing with me. Good one, Universe."

Filling my gas tank that same morning, my total came to $20.20. Since I ordered perfect eyesight, there had to be a connection. I was seeing 20/20. You may think this is a stretch in receiving what was requested, but in my mind the planets were aligning themselves in my favor and I was grateful.

Did I really believe I would receive a Lamborghini and perfect eyesight? Absolutely not! Did I believe I would receive a red horseshoe magnet? Absolutely!

When I walked into my classroom that morning, the first thing I saw was a red horseshoe magnet (the one in the picture with this article) sitting in the chalkboard tray. I still get chills thinking about my amazement. I had told no one except the Universe about my desire for this particular magnet. To paraphrase The Secret, it wasn't my job to figure out how this could happen, only to believe that it would. To this day I don't know how I received that magnet, but I do know why. I asked, believed and received.

The big question in my mind today is why didn't I continue believing in the power of my mind? Even after reading The Secret for the second time, I did nothing to pursue my dreams in this proactive manner. I let doubts and negative thoughts derail my plans. Guess what I got in return? More doubts and negative thoughts because in essence that's what I was sending from my transmission tower. In reflection, I sometimes thought my wishes would come true, and then what? Afraid of success? Crazy thinking, huh?

They say the third time is a charm, so here goes. I'm asking for and working toward the following goals: I believe I can be a published author. I believe I will soon vacation at the Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast in Oregon. I believe I will soon live a life of abundance filled with financial security and the ability to help less fortunate relatives, friends and strangers.

You may be scoffing, but my red horseshoe magnet is proof. If I had truly believed it was possible and truly wanted a Lamborghini and perfect eyesight badly enough, I would have them today. Read The Secret to learn about real life health and monetary miracles. Apparently the Universe doesn't distinguish between a dollar or a million dollars.

So ask, believe and receive. When the Universe answers, "Your wish is my command!" remember to show your gratitude.

Just sayin'

Thank you for financial security!

Contact Sandra Seeley today.







Comments

Jessica Seeley said…
Can you please let the Universe know that I'd like Princess Diana/Kate Middleton's engagement ring (it doesn't have to be off of her finger, an exact replica will do) and a job at an NPO that's funded by a wealthy benefactor who's willing to pay me a six-figure salary to save refugee orphans? A trip to Bora Bora would be cool, too.
Sandra Seeley said…
I believe you just placed your order with the Universe yourself. No need to duplicate, although I would also like the ring and trip to Bora Bora! I'll help finance refugee orphans when my millions arrive.

Popular posts from this blog

Future Champions

We All Need Inspirational Stories, Even Humor Columnists I thought I would tell a story that is near and dear to my heart. A while back, my older brother Patrick, wise in years of experience, gave me a small digital voice recorder for my personal note taking. While sitting around the table, reading the instructions and figuring out which buttons to push, he decided to give me an example of how the new technology works. So Patrick searched for something that he could read into the mic. It was at this time that he was reading a motivational book titled, What to Say When You Talk to Your Self , by Shad Helmstetter , PH.D. Skimming through the pages, he settled on a section of the book that begins with, "I can do anything I believe I can do!" and ends with, "I am an exceptional human being." Talk about killing two birds with one stone, oops, no killing birds here. But it was great to be able to see and hear how the voice recorder functioned as well as hearing the ve

Dear Dad

I'm a steelworker's daughter, the first of the baby-boomer generation, raised on my Dad's WWII Navy stories, who misses him more every year. He sailed on his final voyage twenty years ago, today. There are countless things I would like him to know, so Dad, this one's for you: Dear Dad, You joined the Navy because of the attack on Pearl Harbor. You would be devastated to know about the attack on 9/11/2001, in the heart of New York City and all the senseless attacks in our schools, churches, movie theaters, marathons, transportation systems, police forces and on random individuals. How fervently you would have prayed your daily Rosary for peace. Do you know that every man, woman and child now carries a cell phone, including me? They are no longer the size and weight of gold bars (roughly 27 pounds), but fit easily in pockets and purses. I can just see you shaking your head at technology. I remember how I used to love watching you develop pictures in your dark

Circle of Life

The sun rolling high Through the sapphire sky Keeps great and small on the endless round "From the day we arrived on this planet, The Circle of Life is moving us all." And yesterday our family circle widened, with many of us witnessing the surprise proposal as Brandon, on bended knee, asked for Jessica's hand in marriage with a sapphire and diamond ring. It was an emotional day filled with love, tears of joy and laughter. Two families are now in the early stages of blending. We get to share treasured stories with fresh ears to hear. Our family gains a new son, grandson, brother, cousin, etc. Our daughter, Jessica, gains a second family of loving relatives. Exciting plans will soon begin while "visions of sugarplums dance in our heads." Wedding date, church, hall, gown, music, flowers, parties, colors, food, guest lists, invitations, oh my! I've already started a mental list: lose more weight, learn to dance, earn more money and shop for my d